Saturday, April 7, 2012

Greatest Lesson

Being in a family with moderate income, I may be too comfortable with my life, and sometimes may be too alert. It depends. But most of the time, I would be spending my parents' money on something useless. Getting money from them is effortless. Especially when you are the youngest, of course you will be pampered. I am not excluded.
(My family is not rich. Like I said we are moderate. Please don't get me wrong when I said I can get money effortlessly.)

So, of course, sometimes I might be carried away with all those so-called-happiness on earth. But today, a few persons opened my eyes. Waking me up. Yes.

Today, I was having dinner at a restaurant. Not a lavish one, but okay lah. While we were eating, came a guy, dressed up properly like imam or something. I thought he was going to ask for donation or what. I don't mind people like em, but sometimes it annoys me (bukan apa, ada yang menipu. Or ada agensi yang paksa mengemis, kesian juga.) But I was wrong. Well, I was not wrong about he came from any rumah anak yatim. Ahaha. But he didn't ask for donation. He came right up to us. Like a professional businessman, he introduced himself and said that the Rumah anak yatim(I dont remember where) had bake a lot of "Kek Lapis Sarawak" and they intent to sell them. It is freshly baked by them. I was.. oh, there are effort, at least. And to my surprise, he sold it with a really cheap price for a 'Kek Lapis Sarawak'. So I got myself a Cheese Kek Lapis Sarawak. Hehe, there were lots of flavour; pandan, chocolate, hazel, cheese, blueberry etc etc. I was amazed. I never seen any guy from Rumah Anak Yatim do an extra effort to gain money like this before. Well I don't know abt you guys, ahaha. I was really touched by his determination. (Y)

So, afterwards, I went out of the restaurant. I only have RM 10 inside my purse. So, I thought of buying a prepaid. Coz I was in need of Celcom topup at that time. Lucky me, I saw a booth selling topup at that time. So yeah, I wait for the S/A to layan me. Suddenly I saw an OKU guy. He was kinda old. Probably in his 40s or 50s. He sat there on his wheelchair, with a tiny table in front of him. There sat a box of pens. Lots of pens, it was in packet actually. At the front of the table, there was a label said "1 paket 5 pen RM10 :)". Sadly nobody even stopped to look at him. He was there, neglected. His packets of pens were still many. Its like nobody even bought them. When I looked at his face, there was no sign of sadness, or how frustating he was because nobody cares about him. Yet, he still sat there, relax and always smilling. Again, I was amazed by his determination to get his nafkah. For his family, for himself. He didn't ask for donation..he was just selling his pens there. I was so freaking touched. At last, I cancelled my intention to bought the prepaid. I walked towards him and I said with a smile, "Pak Cik, saya ada RM10 je. Saya nak satu paket pen ni boleh, pak cik?". I can tell by his face that he was so happy and he said, "Boleh nak, sila pilih pen warna apa awak nak." I smiled at him and I took random pens. Then he said Thank you and smiled. I didn't know what to say, I just smile. Afterwards I saw him again, with his wheelchair, he was struggling at the basement, wheeling towards his old proton saga. It was really hard for him to open his door and get in. To my surprise, a few kind hearted young guys came and helped him get up from his wheelchair and all. I sat at the corner and just smile.

And deep inside my heart, I whisper to myself, "I wish there are more people like this in the world. The earth would be a better place to live."

6 comments:

  1. very touched, indeed :') they did their best just to live, right..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello mellow shmellow. Good atika is atika being a good girl.
    Hihi *\(>.<)/*
    Whadaya think of my new fav smiley?

    aisyah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahha, is that Pom Pom? O_O
      comelnyaaaaaaaaa v(^_^)v

      Delete
  3. because of that , i smiling rite now

    ReplyDelete