Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pressure

I would like to ask a very simple question. It's a Yes or No question, simple aite? It only took you around few seconds to answer.

Can you work under pressure?


Yes? No?
I'll mark your words and we will see the validity of your answer; for a long term.
Usually, in an interview session, most people will brag about themselves. I too have claimed that I can work under pressure. It would not be a problem for me. I said that, before knowing what is the taste of the real world


Everyone claims that Medicine is one of the hardest course. Some might said that its the hardest course. But funny thing is, the hardest course is the most popular course among students. Yes? No? I wouldn't want to elaborate on that. Everyone has their own reason, goal, mission; short-term or long-term. The Hardest, The Toughest, all is equivalent to Maximum Pressure will be exerted. Question is,am I that hardcore to withstand all the pressure? In an interview, yes I can always say "Oh, I've prepared myself mentally and physically to handle all the workload." Am I bulshitting the interviewer? Yes, maybe. Its a lie. But I am pretty convinced that the 'lie' will eventually become a reality. InsyaAllah, who knows I'll be the toughest chick (mentality wise).

Okay, why am I suddenly talking about 'pressure'? Before this, I thought I've a strong mentality, able to withstand all the pressure I got. At least, during school that's what I thought. But I was wrong.

With a slight twitch, *boom* I'm the weakest person alive. So many things happened to me, so many unexpected things that caused hell-lot-of pressure to me. Funny thing, most of em are personal problems. How come such personal problems can caused me such pressure and make me feel like the weakest person alive? Where is the 'strong' Atika I thought existed before? It was bullshit. That only existed in my head. Not in real life.

But wait, they said "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?". Personally, I approve this statement. It does make me feel stronger, only after I overcome the pressure. It makes me feel like I should fight more. Leave all the unnecessary problems behind and keep my eyes fixed on the goal. So, I guess this is what they called, the Negative Pressure that gives you a Positive Effect?



No comments:

Post a Comment