Sunday, December 18, 2011

Medicine

Hello, oh I just realize how geeky I sound when I put the title 'Medicine' to this entry, but who cares :B

Medicine? Hmm, truth be told, medicine is something that I always wanted to study. In my Dream list, you can say that Medicine is on the top most thing that I wanted to pursue, hihi. Okay I'm not here to share with you guys  why I am really interested in Medicine and whatnot.

So, recently I had a fever, a bad one I guess. So, I finally decided to go to seek for medication, as I'm afraid it would be bacterial infection, or viral infection, worse. I thought antibiotic would do good to me. When consulting with the doc, alhamdulillah it was only a normal fever. But as I was about to finish with him, he said something that sent some kind of chill down to my spine, "Saya tengok awak ni macam ada penyakit lain lah.". Then he examined me upside down, and he said he wanted to share something with me. He brought out a very thick, hard cover book from his drawer entitled "Endocrinology". Then, the word 'hormone' suddenly struck through my head,-so much for a biology student like me :p

Then, he showed me few pages. There were few pictures, all symptoms, and sadly some of them matches with mine, i.e swelling eyes, i can fold my hand 90 degrees upwards, yellowing palm, and more. When the doc asked few question, and sadly again, i answered 'yes' to most of them.

One of the question he asked that got me alert; "Awak selalu tak stress? I mean eventho problem tu kecik je sebenarnya, tapi awak fikir serious sangat sampai jadi stress tak tentu hala." Whoah, YES DOCTOR, YES!!

So, summarized it all, maybe I've a disease, a common one actually, but it might get worse if its not treated. It is.. haihh hypothyroidism. Dangg, low thyroid hormone level :(. The effects are, I'll get old before time. Hair loss, Memory fading away, decrease in intelligence level, worse, maybe I can't be pregnant. Okay, that's bad. But, this disease is not confirmed yet until this Wednesday. So, yeahh just pray for the best. If not, I would take medication (its levothyroxine if I'm not mistaken, synthetic thyroid hormone) for life. That sounds.. not cool aite :/

Anyway, like I said this disease is not confirmed yet until Wednesday. Well, I'll just pray the blood test is negative hypothyroidism. >.<

6 comments:

  1. eh awaaakkk , awak sakit ni napee ? rinduu kita ye (hugss) Tika, get well soon . Kita doakan awak tak sakit ape tuu em hypothyroidism eh .kita taknak tgk awak sakit.Kita sayang awak (gedik) tp kita tau awak tk sakit sebab awak kan pandai so the symptom tu sume tak betui :D Kita nak tgk baby awak nnt hihi :) i'll pray for you no worries Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you cik Najah, don't worry, even if i have it, its treatable. ahaa :) love youu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tikaaa, awak jgn sakit. Tak seronok nnti. Nnti kita semua doakan awak. Ok? Teehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ehee thank you baby zira :) InsyaAllah okay kot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NEGATIVE HYPOTHYROIDISM NEGATIVE HYPOTHYROIDISM NEGATIVE HYPOTHYROIDISM!
    Get well soon bonda, bcs i need more siblings :D Heheh

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha whaddaya mean more sibling ahh? :o

    ReplyDelete